1. Information about processing and protection of personal data
1.1. This document contains summary of main principles and information of company Smetana Hotel, a.s., ID No.: 27413225, with registered seat at Karoliny Světlé 208/34,110 00 Prague 1 (hereinafter the "Company" or "Smetana Hotel") relating to the treatment, processing and protection of personal data processed by the Company as an administrator of personal data during a fulfilment of legal obligations of the Company pursuant to the Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council (EU) No. 2016/679 from 27th April 2016 on the protection of individuals in relation with the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing the Directive No. 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (hereinafter the “GDPR”).
2. What personal data does SMETANA HOTEL process and how are They obtained?
2.1. The extent of the personal data that Smetana Hotel processes about you varies depending on the use purpose and provided services. They are the following:
2.1.1. For the purpose of concluding and fulfilling contracts with suppliers and customers of Smetana Hotel:
- Identification data of suppliers, customers and contact persons (name, surname, title, date of birth, address, passport number, identity card number, eventually visa, date of arrival, date of departure);
- Contact details (e-mail, phone number);
- Company name, ID No./Tax No., registered seat (if you are a natural person doing business).
- Bank connection.
2.1.2. For the purpose of improving services and offerings of Smetana Hotel, these are in particular:
- Data of a visit of Smetana’s website (cookies, IP address);
- Data of your use of Smetana Hotel’s services, such as date of arrival, date of departure, number of accommodated persons, category of accommodation, expenses, purchased services, country of origin, incl. related communication with you.
2.1.3. For marketing purposes incl. sending commercial mails and personalisation of advertisements, these are particularly:
- Contact details (e-mail, phone number);
- Data about a visit of our website (cookies, IP address);
- Data about your shopping habits and the use of Smetana’s services, such as date / price and name of purchased products, incl. related communication with you.
2.1.4. For the purposes of protection of Smetana Hotel’s property, protection of health and life of employees, customers and other persons located in the monitored areas of Smetana, these are in particular:
- Recordings from camera systems;
- Entries from the access system.
2.2. The personal data are collected by Smetana Hotel either directly from you (while concluding a contract, providing of accommodation and/or providing other services), or based on visits of Smetana’s webpage (see the cookies section below) or personal visits of the Smetana Hotel.
3. How does SMETANA HOTEL use personal data?
3.1. Your personal data is used by Smetana Hotel particularly for the following purposes:
- To conclude a contract with you (or your company) and its performance;
- The communication with you and to administer our contractual relationship;
- The analysis, evaluation and improvement of the entrepreneurial activity of Smetana;
- To protect property, employment and life of employees, customers and other persons;
- Fulfilment of legal obligations; and
- To inform about changes and innovations of provided Smetana Hotel’s products and services.
3.2. Your personal data will be kept by Smetana Hotel only for as long as lasts any of the above purposes of processing and thereafter only for the period and under the conditions in accordance with the applicable legislation.
3.3. Both processing results from the purpose of the processing or is given by legislation.
4. Legal basis for processing your personal data
4.1. The legal basis which allows Smetana Hotel to process your personal data depends on the purpose of data processing by Smetana Hotel. Therefore, in a particular case, your personal data may be processed by Smetana Hotel without your consent, when:
- It is necessary for the purpose of concluding or performing the contract;
- It is necessary for the fulfilment of the legal obligations of Smetana Hotel (e.g. in the field of accounting and taxation);
- It is necessary for the protection of the legitimate interests of Smetana Hotel (e.g. for claiming contracts or for protection of property).
4.2Smetana Hotel also processes your personal data for direct marketing purposes, i.e. products and services offerings, informing about news or other commercial communications, via sending to your e-mail address, mailing address or telephone contact.
4.3. You can revoke your consent with this use of your personal data at any time by sending information about the withdrawal of consent to Smetana Hotel’s e-mail email@example.com or by writing at the above address of Smetana Hotel.
5. To whom does SMETANA HOTEL provide your personal data?
5.1. Your personal data may be provided by Smetana Hotel to:
- Smetana Hotel’s service providers who provide their services related to the activities of Smetana Hotel, in particular to accounting companies, payment intermediaries, persons cooperating with the Smetana in the interests of contracts or claims;
- other persons in accordance with the relevant legislation (e.g. payments of municipal charges from accommodation capacity in Prague, notification to the tax authorities in cases regulated by law, foreign police, police in criminal investigations, etc.).
5.2. Your personal data may be transferred and stored within EU countries, but not to non-EU/EEA based entities.
6. What are your rights?
6.1 In connection with the processing of your personal data, you have the following rights:
- the right to clear, transparent and understandable information about how Smetana Hotel uses your personal data and what your rights are;
- the right of access to personal data and the provision of other information related to their processing by Smetana Hotel;
- the right for rectify incorrect and incomplete personal data;
- the right to deletion of your personal data, in particular if (i) they are no longer necessary for further processing, (ii) you have withdrawn your consent with its processing, (iii) you have legitimately objected to its processing,(iv) it has been processed illegally, or (v) it must be deleted according to legislation;
- the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if (i) you object the correctness of the personal data for as long as Smetana Hotel does not verify their correctness, (ii) processing is unlawful, (iii) Smetana Hotel no longer needs them, but you need the data for the purpose of exercising your legal claims, or (iv) you are objecting against their processing for as long as Smetana Hotel does not verify that its legitimate reasons prevail over your interests;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data in the event that Smetana Hotel process it (i) for direct marketing purposes or (ii) for the purposes of legitimate interests;
- the right to obtain and transfer personal data to another service provider;
- the right to submit a complaint to the Office for Personal data protection, Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Prague 7; www.uoou.cz.
6.2. If you wish to exercise any of the above right, please contact Smetana Hotel by using the contact details provided below.
7. How Smetana Hotel protects your personal information?
7.1. In order to ensure the security and the confidentiality of personal data, Smetana Hotel uses technical and organisational measures in particular to protect against unauthorized access to personal data and its misuse, including the provision of IT security. All measures are regularly evaluated and updated by the Smetana.
7.2. The processing of personal data is carried out manually and also in electronic IT systems, which are subject to physical, technical and procedural controls. In order to protect data, the Smetana has set up a safety mechanism comprising technical, organisational and personnel measures and the same level of protection is required by the Smetana also from its processors.
8. If you need more information or you want to exercise your rights:
8.1. If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data, you need any other related assistance or you want to exercise your rights, please contact us electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the above address of Smetana Hotel.